- Making Beer: Altbier & Barleywine
- Making Beer: Altbier & Barleywine Update
- Making Beer: Barleywine...popped off again!
- Making Beer: The Fermentation
- Making Beer: Das Altbier & Barleywine
- Personal: Homebrewer's Blues
- Making Beer: Barley Wine, Altbier & Kolsch Brewing
- Brewing Beer: Quick update
- Brewing: Kolsch & Barleywine Sample
- Brewing: Barleywine ABV
- Brewing Beer: Kolsch is gone :-( What's next?
- Brewing: Wee Heavy, Imperial Stout & Barleywine
- Brewing Progress: Barleywine, Wee Heavy, Imperial Stout
- Happy New Year!
- Brewing Beer: Imperial Stout, Wee Heavy & Barley Wine
- Brewing: Barleywine
- Home Brew: Wee Heavy, Scotch Ale
- Making Beer: Tasting Our Barleywine After One Year
© Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge, 2005-2017. All content is owned and uniquely created by Bryan J. Kolesar. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Kolesar is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, images, and links may be used with advance permission granted and only provided that full and clear credit is given to Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Contact Kolesar at TheBrewLounge@gmail.com
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Collection of Posts: An Account of Brewing Our Barleywine with Malt Extract
About 14 months ago Bryan and I decided to try to brew a barleywine using extract. Here is an account of the process and our notes along the way. We started at Home Sweet Homebrew in Philadelphia, PA with Nancy's suggestions. A few adjustments were made (because I forgot what she said ;-). Some friends were invited over to help and the rest is history. If you're interested in the recipe let me know. I'll add it to the notes.