Lessons learned are the most valuable part to come out of the educational process of trying something new. From this experiment of My First Homebrew Journey, let's review some of what I have considered to be the most valuable lessons learned to improve upon the results next time. They are my experiences and things that I'll change to suit my preferences, recognizing that they may not suit yours.
- Don't use bleach for sanitizing
- Don't drop the spoon in the boiling wort
- Use steeping grains in a pre-boil stage
- Buy a floating thermometer
- I'd like to make my own wort chiller
- Use liquid yeast and Make a yeast starter ahead of time
- Plan the brewing logistics more carefully in advance