Since a solid majority of respondents to the survey said that it was more important to them to receive daily previews throughout Philly Beer Week, I'll continue this year as I have in the past with a daily snapshot of what's to come and what you might find most interesting or that you may have missed on the calendar of events.
It may not be a perfect science, but I've pored over the calendar of events and come up with the following to share with you. Next up is day four, Monday, June 3.
- Founders will be showcasing a pretty sick lineup at Kite & Key, for whom seems like an perennial mention during Philly Beer Week wouldn't you say?
Try a new place
- Sausages and Jolly Pumpkin beers at Brü Craft and Wurst would be a great way to get to know this new place.
- Cooperage isn't exactly new, but I'm betting many of you haven't been there. A Uinta tap takeover gives you that chance to visit for the first time.
- It's called "Saucony Creek BMX Bike Show" and it looks pretty darn interesting (and new beers to sample) at the P.O.P.E. (Pub on Passyunk East)
- A DuClaw lunch at Hawthornes looks as solid as you'd expect from this south Philly beer destination.
- and Monk's Café is doing a "Mad Monday" with sours, oh my!
- Barcade serves up great beer and games year round. This night with Cigar City should be exceptional.
- The Philly Beer Week Beer Garden this year moves to the Headhouse Shambles. Night One kicks off with Weyerbacher as the center of attention.
- Burlesque and beer trivia at Interstate Draft House after 10 p.m.
- "Pinup Prom" at Varga also at 10 p.m.
- Founders will be at Blue Dog in Chalfont.
- Prism Brewing Co. is doing a Bacon Beer event at their brewery in North Wales.
What about you? What have I missed?
© Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge, 2005-2017. All content is owned and uniquely created by Bryan J. Kolesar. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Kolesar is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, images, and links may be used with advance permission granted and only provided that full and clear credit is given to Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Contact Kolesar at TheBrewLounge@gmail.com