Since those first couple of years, it's been around. To the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology (pretty excellent venue), Independence Visitors Center (not so much so), and the National Constitution Center (pretty darned good, as well).
This year, it sets up in two days at the Kimmel Center on Broad Street, just south of City Hall. If it's anything like the event I attended there last year, it should work out quite fine. An aesthetically pleasing venue, too.
Tickets are apparently scarce and nearing sellout (I'm pretty sure that's not just marketing speak either). As in the past, this event comes with my strongest personal recommendation. Go. Eat. Drink. Dance. Be Merry and Enjoy some the best tastes life has to offer.
Do you need further encouragement to help with the decision-making? The organizers sent along some sample pairing to whet your appetite.
- El Camino Real – Drunken maple bacon shake & pork belly slider paired with Weyerbacher Brewing Co.’s Last Chance IPA and Heresy Russian Imperial Stout
- Varga Bar – Braised short rib and root vegetable stew and breakfast cereal ice cream paired with Saucony Creek Brewing Co.’s Kutztown Lager bier
- Victory Brewpub – Vietnamese chicken and cabbage salad with garlic oil, fried shallots, fresh mint and roasted peanuts paired with Victory Brewing Co.’s Swing Session Saison, Mad King’s Weiss, DirtWolf and 1337
- Southwark Restaurant – Banger terrine with curried egg gribiche and rye flatbread paired with Nodding Head Brewery’s Rufus Ale and ‘Secret Bonus Beer’
- Fette Sau – Smoked burnt ends with spicy slaw paired with Sly Fox Brewing Co.’s Fat Pig Ale
- Alla Spina – Beef tongue involtini paired with Yards Brewing Co.’s Schwarzbier
Digging up some of the words and pictures from the past from this side of the desk, here's what I came across as if you need any additional enticement. Hope to see you there.
2013, at The Brew Lounge
2012, at The Brew Lounge
2011, posted up over at The Washington Times Communities.
2011, at The Brew Lounge
2007, at The Brew Lounge
2006, at The Brew Lounge
Post a Comment