I'll be nearby in Pittsburgh running the marathon on the weekend of May 13-15.
If I wasn't, I'd be in Cleveland. I enjoy every chance I get to visit Cleveland; there are always just enough sights, sounds, eats, and drinks to partake in to keep things interesting.
During my last trip there, I discovered La Cave du Vin near Case Western and came home with some great beers at decent prices.
Now, we can add the International Beer Fest to the list.
This looks to be quite the ambitious undertaking and I wish I could be there to experience. Check out their website for all the details. They're talking about something like 200 breweries and 800 beers.
I'm offering a chance for you to go in my place.
Two general admission tickets (value: $45/ticket) can be yours if you reply with the most correct answers to the following Cleveland-based trivia questions. In the case of a tie, the date/time stamp on your e-mail will serve as the tiebreaker.
As an added bonus, for you baseball lovers out there, you can double-dip your passions as the Indians are in town that weekend for a series against the Mariners.
1) After much debate from Detroit to Philadelphia to Memphis to Seattle to New York, the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame opened in Cleveland in what year?
2) Who sang "...the heart of rock is still beatin'....in Cleveland..."?
3) Which Cleveland professional sports team angered a rabid fan base and left the city for Baltimore?
4) The first microbrewery in the State of Ohio, twenty-three year old and hometown proud Great Lakes Brewing Company is located just a block from what nearly 100-year-old Cleveland landmark?
5) Which Great Lakes beer contains the last name of the co-owners, Patrick and Dan?
6) Name a TV comedy show based in Cleveland.
7) What is the nickname of the Cleveland Indians ballpark?
8) What is a nickname of the City?
9) Who was the original explorer/settler/founder of Cleveland?
10) What are Cleveland Browns end zone fans commonly referred to as?
Remember, first e-mail to Bryan@BrewLounge.com with the most correct answers wins two tickets. Contest closes on Thursday, April 28 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
© Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge, 2005-2017. All content is owned and uniquely created by Bryan J. Kolesar. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Kolesar is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, images, and links may be used with advance permission granted and only provided that full and clear credit is given to Bryan J. Kolesar and The Brew Lounge with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Contact Kolesar at TheBrewLounge@gmail.com