- dark as night
- hefty tannish-cream head
- rich, toffee, molasses aroma; bit of alcohol presence
- fig, caramel, a bit woody
- somewhere between medium and fuller bodied, but not overwhelming; very nice
- serves better on the cooler side, but not ice cold
- loses some of its flavor as it warms
- a pleasant reminder of fun times in San Francisco
Telling the stories behind the passionate pursuit of great beer since 2005.
Do you need a copy of my book - Beer Lover's Mid-Atlantic?
Friday, September 22, 2006
Beer Tasting: Anchor Porter
This porter is from Anchor, brewed in San Francisco, CA. This beer was purchased from Total Wine & More in Claymont, Delaware at room temperature and refrigerated in the low 40s since then. It was allowed to warm approximately 10 degrees before serving. Bryan's Notes:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment