- Roasted nutty aroma
- Very dark brew with a lumpy, off-white head that sticks around on top and the sides of the glass
- A fuller mouthfeel, but not overwhelmingly so
- Bitter chocolate flavor in the middle and noticeable hops in the finish
- Why am I so short on words for such a fine beer? Perhaps I'm too busy enjoying it!
- One of Iron Hill's finest, IMHO
Telling the stories behind the passionate pursuit of great beer since 2005.
Do you need a copy of my book - Beer Lover's Mid-Atlantic?
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Beer Tasting: Iron Hill Pig Iron Porter
This gem from Iron Hill is typically on their lineup of usual suspects. As I note below, it's one of the better (or at least my favorite) of their standard drafts. I went to Iron Hill on this particular evening looking for the bourbon-aged Baltic and brought this home when I realized the former was on nitrogen and not suitable for growler travel. So, who wouldn't want some Pig Iron Porter at home to relax the night away with?! Bryan's Notes:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment