- Nice pour with a small head that disappears quickly
- Not much aroma (though, the bar was a bit smoky)
- But very nice malty and berry flavors
- Lively on the palate; though still smooth, medium-bodied mouthfeel
- Refreshing, yet a bit filling
- Finishes with surprisingly more tartness than expected
Telling the stories behind the passionate pursuit of great beer since 2005.
Do you need a copy of my book - Beer Lover's Mid-Atlantic?
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Beer Tasting: McKenzie Brew House Purple Haze Blackberry Biere de Garde
This fruit beer was enjoyed on tap at the Malvern, PA location of McKenzie Brew House. Sorry, no pictures tonight. Bryan's Notes:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Bryan... that beer sounds good. I am curious what the alcohol content was? What is your overall recommendation on this beer... worth checking out?
6.6% ABV was stated on the menu.
I'd say definitely worth checking out. But, perhaps start with only a 12 oz. and see if you like it. Has unique flavors that may not be palatable to all.
Post a Comment