Since a solid majority of respondents to the survey said that it was more important to them to receive daily previews throughout Philly Beer Week, I'll continue this year as I have in the past with a daily snapshot of what's to come and what you might find most interesting or that you may have missed on the calendar of events.
It may not be a perfect science, but I've pored over the calendar of events and come up with the following to share with you. Next up is day three, Sunday, June 2. I'm a bit late to you with this, so I hope it might still provide some value to you.
- A big day and night of fun on East Passyunk Avenue.
Try a new place
- I don't know much about Underground Arts other than they appear to be putting on some decent events during this year's Philly Beer Week. Today looks like a good day of music and beer to stop by for with Smuttynose and "street brass and heavy horn funk."
- Pennsylvania 6 is doing Great Divide and oysters today after 5 p.m.
- It's difficult to count exactly how many brunches there are today, and how many excellent looking ones there are at that. Try Jose Pistola's (Deschutes) or Kennett (Ommegang) for a couple that stand out.
- Fun 'n' games with local breweries and Johnny Goodtimes at the City Tap House. More fun 'n' games over at Kite & Key. If you've followed along here in the past, you know that this is always a memorable event.
- Sour Power Happy Hour at Nodding Head with The Tomme.
- Iron Hill beer dinner again at Good Dog. A solid bet.
- The Industry will be pouring a bunch of beers from Lost Abbey and Port Brewing after 10 p.m. The Tomme is slated to show up here as well.
- Anderson Valley and Left Hand at Varga 'til the wee hours is a good bet.
- Homebrews rule the day as local amateurs show off their talents at The Drafting Room.
- The Doctor (Joel Armato) comes back home with a bunch of his beers from New Holland (Michigan) at Teresa's Next Door.
What about you? What have I missed?