Since a solid majority of respondents to the survey said that it was more important to them to receive daily previews throughout Philly Beer Week, I'll continue this year as I have in the past with a daily snapshot of what's to come and what you might find most interesting or that you may have missed on the calendar of events.
It may not be a perfect science, but I've pored over the calendar of events and come up with the following to share with you. Next up is day four, Monday, June 3.
- Founders will be showcasing a pretty sick lineup at Kite & Key, for whom seems like an perennial mention during Philly Beer Week wouldn't you say?
Try a new place
- Sausages and Jolly Pumpkin beers at Brü Craft and Wurst would be a great way to get to know this new place.
- Cooperage isn't exactly new, but I'm betting many of you haven't been there. A Uinta tap takeover gives you that chance to visit for the first time.
- It's called "Saucony Creek BMX Bike Show" and it looks pretty darn interesting (and new beers to sample) at the P.O.P.E. (Pub on Passyunk East)
- A DuClaw lunch at Hawthornes looks as solid as you'd expect from this south Philly beer destination.
- and Monk's Café is doing a "Mad Monday" with sours, oh my!
- Barcade serves up great beer and games year round. This night with Cigar City should be exceptional.
- The Philly Beer Week Beer Garden this year moves to the Headhouse Shambles. Night One kicks off with Weyerbacher as the center of attention.
- Burlesque and beer trivia at Interstate Draft House after 10 p.m.
- "Pinup Prom" at Varga also at 10 p.m.
- Founders will be at Blue Dog in Chalfont.
- Prism Brewing Co. is doing a Bacon Beer event at their brewery in North Wales.
What about you? What have I missed?
Post a Comment