Since a solid majority of respondents to the survey said that it was more important to them to receive daily previews throughout Philly Beer Week, I'll continue this year as I have in the past with a daily snapshot of what's to come and what you might find most interesting or that you may have missed on the calendar of events.
It may not be a perfect science, but I've pored over the calendar of events and come up with the following to share with you. Next up is day nine, Saturday, June 8.
- The Gonzo Art event at Fox & Hound (as well as their beer of course) sounds like a quality stop to make at some point while gallivanting around Center City on Saturday.
- There's something in the name Philly’s Worst Beer Geek and the description to make me want to stop by.
Try a new place
- I've resisted putting places on here with rather generic looking repeating events. I drove by Smokin' Betty's last night, though, and it seems to be quite a popular place at 11th/Sansom. Maybe enough to want to check out their beer week special. Check out the menu here.
- I'm betting that Bierstube might be considered a new place for many of you, so with the good beer that Neshaminy Creek is putting out these days, I'll take this opportunity to recommend stopping by this Old City sister spot to Eulogy.
- Religion and beer on the same menu? Only at Fergie's.
- Memphis Taproom is spotlighting local homebrewers and their malted barley creations. Plus, all-you-can-eat hot dogs!
- I like the breakfast for dinner idea. I mean, who doesn't like breakfast? Especially when it's for dinner at PBR.
- Stopping by American Sardine for this farm-to-table dinner with Oskar Blues sounds like a great idea.
- Doobies is doing a whole lineup of Victory beers in honor of V-E Day.
- 90s hip-hop and Smuttynose beer at Underground Arts after 11 p.m. Sounds like a scene, man.
- Blue Dog in Chalfont is showcasing the Free Will & Full Pint collaboration beer and handful of each brewery's beers.
- Staying up north of the city, Issac Newton's in Newtown has a Sierra Nevada-based lunch during the day that looks worthy of checking out.
What about you? What have I missed?