Telling the stories behind the passionate pursuit of great beer since 2005.
Do you need a copy of my book - Beer Lover's Mid-Atlantic?
Friday, December 22, 2006
Beer Tasting: Victory Hop Wallop
The Beer: Victory Hop Wallop (2006)
Style: American Double IPA
Reviews: Beer Advocate Rate Beer
Packaging & Date Stamping: 12oz. brown bottle; "Enjoy by 11/08/07"
From where & how stored: Purchased from the brewery and stored at cold refrigerated temperatures
Pricing: $10 per six-pack (after tax)
ABV, IBU, & Other Available Stats: 8.5% ABV
- Large, airy bubbles atop a 1 1/2 finger creamy head
- Slickness on walls of glass
- Fairly clean and golden-colored with a bit of cloudiness
- Fresh, bright, grassy and damp woodsy aroma...expect hops to follow
- Malt backbone? Barely. This is a hop-forward beer.
- Not very balanced like many east coast IPAs
- Medium-bodied, smooth mouthfeel
- Bitterness persists, especially through the finish
- Predominate flavors of grapefruit and sour candy
The Verdict: A sipping winner for the bitter loving hopheads
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mmmm, fresh Hop Wallop is amazing.
Post a Comment