As the crew promised, they're back in '08 with a new REUNION Beer. I'm glad that they decided to hold true and continue this concept. I'll be anxious to try this year's version of an organic Red Rye. The story behind the beer and the beer itself was something I discussed a few times last year. Here's a link back.
- The second annual release of REUNION - A Beer for Hope will take place during the week of February 17, 2008. This year's beer celebrates the life of Virginia MacLean, the inspiration and one of the founding partners of the REUNION beer collaboration.
- This year's beer is an Organic Red Rye Ale, once again brewed in cooperation with Bison Brewing in Chico, CA. It is a reddish-amber colored beer, with a pronounced malt forward profile balanced by the delicate spices of the hops and rye. It is 6.5% alcohol by volume.
- The beer will be distributed through the SBS-Imports distributor network, to approximately 20 states, suggested retail price of $4.99-$5.99 per 22 ounce bottle.
- Consumers may also mail order (starting mid-February) via the Michael Jackson Rare Beer Club
- 100% of the profits generated by SBS-Imports will benefit the Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research (IMBCR).
- Donations to IMBCR accepted via REUNION Beer or directly at the IMBCR site