I guess I can say that I finally accomplished something this past weekend. Here are the pictures I took at the Celebrator Beer News 20th Anniversary Party
in Oakland, CA two weekends ago. It was on 2/17/08 at the Marriott & Convention Center. I could have spent more time with notes, but I'll instead let the pictures do the talking. Needless to say, it was a great time and my first major beer festival on the other coast.
But, since you know that I can't leave without sharing at least a few notes, here goes in bullet format, no particular order.
- PubQuest makes some really nice maps
- Special pouring of Russian River Supplication, Pliny the Younger, and Black Valentine
- Hourly pourings of New Belgium La Folie
- Hard to find (on the East Coast) gems of The Abyss, Smoked Porter, & Kona
- Reunion Red Rye released and is very, very nice
- Magnolia Saison de Lily
- Allagash made a splash with the west coasters with the Grand Cru, White, and Tripel
- Devil's Canyon makes a sneaky and good Habanero Ale, mixed nicely with The Abyss
- Does Zydeco ever get old?
- Firehouse with an cask-conditioned IPA, very nice
- Mike White of White Labs, like the blind leading the blind back to the BART station in Oakland, yikes
- Pork sandwiches, rice & beans, caesar salad, pasta, and nachos to fill the belly
- Never thought I'd hear me say a festival was well attended, but the space was too big!
- The Brewing Network is even more fun in person
- Jay Brooks has one of the sharpest beer website t-shirts out there (and some right smart beer commentary as well)
- Learned a little something about Utah's environmentally conscious brewery, Uinta
- Hopman never made an appearance
- Lagunitas SuperFreak (a blend of several styles)
Post a Comment